Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Monday!!!

Hi Stampers,

I can't believe it's Monday already.  Crazy to think that a week from today it will be April already.  March used to drag for me in past years because of it having 31 days but this year March FLEW by. 

As you all know from my post yesterday I had a lot of time on Saturday to play in my craft room because Avery was sick.  My craft room is also my spare bedroom so she was in bed while I created.  She asked me if I would make her a get well card so that's exactly what I did while she napped.


I displayed my card on the bed rail so that when she woke up that would be the first thing she would see.  Can you see it?  Off to the left of the picture?  The stamp set comes from Oh, Whale and the sentiment reads "Get Whale Soon."  She had the biggest smile and got a kick out of the saying.

By now I am sure the Stamp of the Month club members have received their samples in the mail.  If you haven't yet - warning SPOILER ALERT - stop here!!


If you remember I recently entered a challenge with Vellum Card Stock so I decided to use it again on this card.  To see the original Vellum Card Stock post click  HERE.  On this card I decided to stamp my sentinment on the actual Vellum.  I did this by using StazOn Jet Black Ink.  I used my heating tool to dry it a little quicker.  I've noticed with Vellum it takes a little longer to dry.


This card I decided to finally use my Brayer.  The picture doesn't do it justice but I really like the end result.  I'm not sure why I was so scared to try it.  Well, I guess I shouldn't say scared, as much as hesistant about trying it.  It sounds kind of silly but I was concerned that my Brayer and Embossing Folder would be stained with the ink but boy was I wrong - I don't admit that very often...ssshhhh :)

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a great week!



1 comment:

  1. You already know I LOVE these cards. Your card for Avery is too cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete