Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Anniversary Anyone???

Hi Stampers,

Happy Wednesday!  I can't believe it is Wednesday already.  Where is time going?  The past couple of months just seem to be flying by for me but at the same time winter seems like it is never going to end.  Another snow storm yesterday for us and again no school.  At this rate we will still be in school in July. 

Today's sketch comes from Ann over at The Paper Players.  It's a clean and simple sketch and I had an idea what I wanted to do but never thought it would come out like this. 

 
We are our own worst critics, don't you think? For the most part I do love the cards that I make but sometimes there are some cards that I don't like the end result. This card is definitely not one of those instances. I love the way it came out and I can't wait to share it with someone.
 
 
This is my first time using Stampin' Up's Vellum Card Stock and I am in love.  Stamp Set of the Month Club members keep a look out for the Vellum Card Stock in your samples this month :)
 

This is the inside of the card underneath the Vellum Card Stock.

 
Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Primrose Petals Card Stock, Very Vanilla Card Stock, Vellum Card Stock
Designer Series Paper:  More Amore Specialty Designer Paper
Ink:  Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad, Primrose Petals Classic Stampin' Pad, Pool Party Classic Stampin' Pad, VersaMark Ink Pad
Stamp Set: Hearts a Flutter, A Word For You
Embellishments:  Tea Time Trinkets, 5/8" Crochet Trim
Tools:  Heat Tool, Stampin' Emboss Powder in Silver


The picture doesn't do it justice! What do you think?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you think.  I will pick a winner on Sunday, March 24th and the lucky winner will receive this cute anniversary card to give to a special someone :)
 
Thanks for stopping by!!
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. I love how this came out, Elsa. Vellum cardstock is fun to use! Looking forward to seeing our club projects now!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG the cards came out so beautiful!! I love the velum look. I think that all your cards are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm my own worst critic too, Elsa! I feel your pain! You should love this one, though. The vellum layer is gorgeous. I love the way the card opens and the bits of DSP, ribbon and the beautiful charm. Thanks so much for sharing your creation with us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is beautiful, Elsa! What a clever way to use vellum cardstock--I love how the inside of the card doubles as the "outside"! A gorgeous anniversary card that someone is sure to treasure! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the great comments. I did enjoy making this card for sure. I think I have found a new friend with Vellum :)

    And the winner of the card goes to...drum roll please....Susan Casper :) Congrats Susan. I will be sending you an email.

    ReplyDelete