Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chalkboard in Papercrafting?

Hi Stampers,

This is a quick card to highlight a new technique that is becoming very poplular in the papercrafting community.  I found this card on Pinterest and I just had to try it myself to see if I could get the same affect.  It truly does remind me of a chalkboard but you be the judge.

The most important thing for this technique is that you need a piece of Basic Black Card Stock, Embossing Buddy or your Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad Ink.  You start off by rubbing your Embossing Buddy on your Basic Black Card Stock or sponging your Whisper White Craft Ink.  This is the key to give it that old school chalkboard look.  I used one of my new favorite stamp sets, Hearts a Flutter, to stamp the hearts and banner.  I stamped the hearts on the bottom left in Versamark ink and covered it with Melon Mambo Stampin' Emboss Powder.  One heart is in Pool Party Card Stock and the other in Basic Black.  Shake off any excess powder and now you are ready to heat emboss your images.  After embossing, you can add some extra details to your images if you desire.  I used White Gel Pen to make it look like a string was tying the banners up. On the top right I used my Builder Brad from the Spring Catalog for some extra  bling.

Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Basic Black, Melon Mambo, and Pool Party
Ink: Whisper White Craft Stampin' Ink
Stamp Set: Hearts a Flutter
Embellishments:  Designer Builder Brads
Tools:  Big Shot, Heat Tool, White Gel Pen, Hearts a Flutter Dies

1 comment:

  1. I love the chalkboard technique and the banners look great. :)

    ReplyDelete