Sunday, March 24, 2013

Best Laid Plans...

Hi Stampers,

Looks like my Saturday didn't really work out as planned.  We had a busy day planned out with a friend of ours coming over for a playdate/creating her daughter's first communion cards, and two birthday parties to attend.  None of them happend for Avery and I.  Avery ended up getting a stomach bug and got sick overnight.  She ended up sleeping in three different beds because she kept throwing up all over the sheets and it looks like I don't have enough sheets to keep changing the bed.  Mental note - BUY MORE SHEETS :)  Don't they say three is a charm?  After three times of throwing up and our third bed she finally settled down and went to sleep.  She had a decent day yesterday with little eating and drinking so hopefully it was just a 24 hour stomach bug.

Any who...while at home with Avery while Maya was out at her two birthday parties I had a lot of time to play in my craft room.  This sketch comes from Just Add Ink Sketch #158 and a courtesy of Mae.


When I saw this sketch I knew right away I wanted to do an Easter card.  I can't believe Easter is a week from today and I still have to make and mail out my cards.  YIKES!!!

It is my first time using two new products from Stampin' Up!.  These products can be found on the Spring Catalog.  They are the Soda Pop Tops and the Delicate Details Lace Tape.  I have had these for a little while but haven't used them on a project.  I am really happy with the end result.  Have you used these two products before?  If so, what do you think about them?

Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Whisper White Card Stock, Daffodil Delight Card Stock, Melon Mambo Card Stock
Designer Series Paper:  Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper
Ink: Marina Mista Classic Stampin' Pad, Lucky Limeade Classic Stampin' Pad
Stamp Set: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Aviary, Oh, Hello
Embellishments: Soda Pop Tops, Delicate Details Lace Tape
Tools: Big Shot, Honeycomb Embossing Folder, Oval Framletis, Bitty Banners Framelit, Crystal Effects

Thanks for stopping by and happy Sunday!!

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about poor Avery getting sick. :( Hope she feels better real soon!
    Love your card, the colors are just perfect for Easter. Love the birds in the soda pop top! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I love the soda pop tops too! Love how you 'popped' the birds in there. Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsa, this is just delightful! Gorgeous, bright, cheery Easter card! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh!...that soda pop top embellie is just the cutest Elsa. A very cheery card! Thanks for playing at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a gorgeous card Elsa, thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink! And I hope your week improves and Avery is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely card Elsa. Loving that soda pop embellie - super cute. Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge over at Just Add Ink this week.

    Hope Avery is much better now.

    ReplyDelete