Friday, February 22, 2013

Ice Fishin' & Legos ?!?!?!?!?!

Hi Stampers,

We are celebrating a very special little boy's birthday tomorrow.  One of our friends son's, Logan, is turning 5 and we are going ice fishing to celebrate.  I believe two years ago we went ice fishing for Logan's birthday and here's a picture of Avery on her bucket with her fishing pole. 

 
She looks so tiny sitting there with her feet dangling. She should be able to reach the ground this year now that she is 4. 
 
And here is Maya with her fishing pole waiting to catch something :)
 
Right away when I asked Beth, Logan's mom, what he likes to play with and she said Legos, I knew exactly what kind of card I wanted to try.  I did show Maya the card and asked her what it looked like and she guessed right so hopefully Logan likes the card as well.  It's not ice fishin' themed but hopefully Logan likes it.

 
The base of the card is Real Red Card Stock.  The next layer is a piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  I took a 3/4" circle punch to punch out the Daffodil Delight and Real Red circles.  I used Dimensionals to pop them up and give it a 3D effect.  The sentiment is stamped in Real Red Classic Ink Pad.  The sentiment comes from Look Who's Turning Stamp Set (retired).

Stampin’ Up products used:
Card Stock: Whisper White, Real Red, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Real Red Classic Stampin' Pad
Stamp Set: Look Who's Turning
Punch: 3/4" Circle Punch

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun birthday! I love the picture of Avery fishin' on her bucket. Too cute!!!
    I love your lego card too! I have seen different ones online but have never made one myself. One of these days I am sure there will be a need for me to make one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is too cute for words (except I'm giving you words!). I love it! Thanks for posting.
    --Lynn W.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute card...so many little kids would love this in colors they like best. TFS~

    ReplyDelete