Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hi Stampers,


I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!! Finally getting a moment to sit in front of my computer for a quick update.  Two years ago today I received my first Stampin' Up! order as a demonstrator.  It was my Starter Kit and I can still remember how excited I was to get all those goodies for the great price.  I first joined as a hobbyist and my upline convinced me to try out a workshop to see how I liked it.  So that's exactly what I did and I just fell in love with the whole idea of getting together and papercraft.  Some were first timers, and others were not, but what we all had in common was that we were all there together, enjoying each others company, and getting swept away from every day life!  We are all super busy in our lives, but I truly believe in taking some time for yourself and having fun and relaxing.  We all need to recharge our batteries so we are all able to deal with being a mom, wife, a daughter, a worker, a friend, a grandma.

Tonight I was able to enjoy my evening with my two favorite Valentine's (we are missing one tonight - you know who you are) :)  I took this picture of Maya and Avery cuddling on the couch.  Love it!! They have their moments together but pictures like this make me realize that they are great friends and sisters.   

Avery, my youngest, looks up to her sister so much even though at times she likes to push Maya's buttons.  This picture I took last night when we got home from ballet.  You can tell Avery is looking up at her big sister with admiration.

It was a busy night last night when we got home trying to finish our Valentine's Day projects.  I am OCD, and as Kevin, my husband calls me, a Type A Personality.  At one moment I had to take a step back and look at the disaster that I was looking at - my desk :)
Before I could go any further I had to take a moment to tidy up a bit.  Finally after a couple of hours working on these cute projects I found on Pinterest we were finally done and here is our finish product.
I hope all the teachers that teach my Valentine's had a great day today and enjoyed all their treats!!

On a separate note, some of you may have noticed that my blog got a face lift.  For the past year I have been meaning to get it updated.  I wanted something fun, hip, and I finally bit the bullet and decided to do it.  Online I found a great designer, Jennisa,  from Once Upon a Blog .  She was absolutely amazing and so easy to work with.  It was so easy and she completely understood my vision.  If I had known it would have been this easy I would have done it sooner but then again I probably wouldn't have met Jennisa so I'm so glad I waited.  So THANK YOU JENNISA - your amazing!!!

Happy Valentine's Day!!!




4 comments:

  1. Love your pictures of your girls! They are so stinkin' cute! Great Valentine projects! Hope you had a great day!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kristie :)
    Hope you all had a great Valentine's too!!
    Hugs back at you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the new look of your blog! Also love the pictures of your girls. They are adorable!

    I had been seeing some kind of huge picture "behind" your blog when I tried to visit. I thought it was something wrong with my IE or computer. I don't see that anymore. Yay!

    Hope you guys had a great Valentine's Day!

    Hugs,
    Kimie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kimie.
    That used to annoy me everytime. Picture all gone now just happiness :)
    Hope you guys had a good V-Day as well.
    Hugs to you too :)

    ReplyDelete