Monday, February 25, 2013

All About Punches!!

Hi Stampers,

Happy Monday!!  This weekend just flew by but I guess what weekend doesn't.  Saturday was a busy day but yesterday was very low key.  I spent most of the day in bed since I wasn't feeling that great.  Here in New England we got another snow storm, surprise surprise, which brought a few inches of snow.  I thought Spring was coming?  Doesn't seem like it's no where in sight!! Spring and Summer can't get here fast enough.

My card this week comes from the sketch at the Paper Players and created by Jaydee. 

Paper Players 134 2-24-2013

I decided to pull out a stamp set that I love but haven't used lately, Tea Shoppe. When I first saw this stamp set I knew I had to have it.  My card base is Sahara Sand Card Stock.  The next layer is embossed with the Honeycomb Embossing Folder (one of my favorites).  I then took a strip of DSP from International Bazaar Designer Series Paper for my banner.  I stamped one of the tea cups in Pacific Point on Whisper White Card Stock and then punched out with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch.  That piece is layered on top of Tangerine Tango punched out with the 1 3/8" Circle Punch.  The next circle is using the 1 3/4" circle punch using Tangerine Tango Card stock.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set stamped in Pacific Point.  I used my 1 3/4 x 7/8" Oval Punch layered on top of a piece of Pacific Point Cardstock punched out using the Scalloped Oval Punch. 

Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Pacific Point, Tangerine Tango
Designer Series Paper: International Bazaar
Ink: Pacific Point Classic Stampin’ Ink
Stamp Sets: Tea Shoppe
Tools: 1 1/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" Circle Punch, 1 3/4" x 7/8" Oval Punch, Scalloped Oval Punch

5 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well sistah! I am with you 100%, spring and summer can't get here fast enough!!!!

    I don't see your card in your post, only the sketch? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I clearly should have not been opearting my computer :)
    It's there now.
    Thanks Kristie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There it is! Love the embossing on the background piece and the colors you used. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card! I love the background stamping on the sentiment and the embossed card base. Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun colors and I love that honeycomb folder! Thank you for joining us at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete