Wednesday, February 27, 2013

ahoy matey!!!

Hi Stampers,

Boy am I glad yesterday is behind me! It was a very long day and glad it is over.  It was a busy day taking the girls to two dentist appointments, gymnastics, and Target.  They both had no cavaites!! The threatening of getting cavaties and shots in your mouth paid off :) I decided to reward them and take them out to lunch.  Glad it's a new day.  Happy Hump Day! 

Usually when I decide to do a sketch challenge I don't have a special occasion that I need a card for but today's different.  My brother's birthday is coming up on March 12th (I'm early this time) and I need a manly card to send him.  I always have birthday cards, anniversary cards, thank you cards, you name it, on hand but not to many manly cards so today that is what I decided to do.  Today's sketch comes from Mojo Monday. 

Mojo282
 
I don't usually do to many square cards, actually, I never do square cards, but now I'm wondering why not. The last square card I made was to big that it didn't fit in the envelope. OOPS!!! I've learned my lesson and made this card smaller. Today's card will definitely fit in my envelope to mail :) Right away before starting I already knew what stamp set I wanted to use, which doesn't happen often. I decided to use one of my all time favorite manly sets that Stampin' Up sells - The Open Sea. This stamp set was one that I did not love at all when I first saw it but the more and more I saw projects been created using this stamp set I just had to have it.
 
Hopefully my brother won't see this post but if he does - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN!!!

Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, and Not Quite Navy
Designer Series Paper:  First Edition 
Ink: Crumb Cake and Not Quite Navy Classic Stampin’ Ink
Stamp Sets: The Open Sea
Embossing Folder: Chevron
Punches: 1 1/4″ Circle and 1 3/8″ Circle
Embellishments: Vintage Trinketrs and Early Espresso Baker's Twine

2 comments:

  1. I love this Elsa! This is my go-to set for Masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete