Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Paper Players # 129

Happy Hump Day!!!  Half way through the week already and hopefully the weekend will be here soon.  Need another day off at home so I can stamp.  I need a little inspiration this week so I decided to do another challenge for the Paper Players.

Paper Players 129 1-20-2013


When I first looked at the layout I actually had a hard time figuring out what I wanted to make.  It is such a clean and simple layout and it shouldn't have taken me so long to do but this one did.  In the end I am very happy with my card - I hope you like it as much as I do.

My card base is Whisper White Card Stock.  The polka dot layer I used Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper.  At first I wasn't in love with this paper and now I can't get enough of it :) The Melon Mambo Card Stock is cut using my Big Shot and the Window Frames Framelit Die.  The next layer of Whisper White I stamped the whale from Oh, Whale! Stamp Set in Marina Mist and then used the Happy Whale Clearlits Die to cut out the image.  The hearts above the whale is from the same stamp set.  Underneath the whale I cut a piece of the Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper using the Frames Framelit Die to get a piece of the water ripples.  I could have used the water ripples from the Oh, Whale! stamp set to get the same affect but I wanted to use the paper instead.  The sentiment came from the same stamp set and I used Lucky Limeade and the Bitty Banners Framelits.


Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Whisper White and Melon Mambo
Designer Series Paper:  Sunshine & Sprinkles Designer Series Paper
Ink: Marina Mist, Melon Mambo, and Lucky Limeade
Stamp Sets:  Oh, Whale!
Tools: Big Shot, Bitty Banners Framelits, Window Frames Collection Framelits Dies,  Happy Whale Clearlits Die

Don't forget that I am currently taking on new members to join my Stamp Set of the Month Club. Do you want to get something in your mailbox besides bills? Do you want to get a surprise package in your mailbox once a month? Something fun for you to get? Have a class sent right to your door. This club is perfect for those who can't attend classes. This club can be done from the comforts of your own home. Contact me today for more details!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!


7 comments:

  1. Very cute card Elsa. I can't wait to get this set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorbale card! I love how you've showcased new Stampin' Up! products.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elsa, I love this card, whale, paper color dots, and all. Really a cutie~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling card Elsa! Love the way you've framed the whale with the window framelit! love all the polka dots too! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elsa, you would never believe your were stumped by the sketch. You rocked it! I love the graphic DSP behind the focal image. The framelits you used are perfect for the roundness of the whale. Fabulous card! So glad you joined the Paper Players this week
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a happy whale, even more so atop the colorful polka dot paper. Thanks for sharing your project with The Paper Players, Elsa!

    ReplyDelete