Sunday, January 6, 2013

Freshly Made Sketchs #67

Hope everyone had a good weekend!! I haven't been feeling well and spent the day in bed yesterday.  It started with a soar throat on Friday and turned into a head cold yesterday and today.  At least today I have been able to be around my family and not be stuck in bed all day.  I did play around with some of my new products today from the Spring Catalog which then made me decide to do another sketch challenge. 

Today's sketch challenge is for Freshly Made Sketches.
Freshly Made Sketches #67
I have never been a fan on Valentine's Day.  I always felt like it was an overrated holiday.  Not for any particular reason but I just have never cared about it.  Until of course I became a paper crafter and lately after all the Christmas cards I just can't get enough of Valentine's Day cards.  And how can you not think of Valentine's Day when you look at this sketch?

The base of my card is Real Red Card Stock.  At the bottom I have a piece of Basic Black Card Stock and I used my Tasteful Trim Die cut.  I then layered a piece of Pool Party Card Stock on top of the Basic Black.  I am using the new More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper on top of the Pool Party and as you can see it already comes with a little saying on it, "a loving heart is the truest wisdom."   The three hearts on top I used the same designer series paper, More Amore, and my Heart Framelits to die cut them. 


Stampin’ Up! products used:
Card Stock: Real Red, Pool Party, and Basic Black
Designer Series Paper:  More Amore Specialty Designer Series Paper
Tools: Big Shot, Hearts Framelits

Don't forget that I am currently taking on new members to join my Stamp Set of the Month Club.  Do you want to get something in your mailbox besides bills?  Do you want to get a surprise package in your mailbox once a month?  Something fun for you to get?  Have a class sent right to your door.  This club is perfect for those who can't attend classes.  This club can be done from the comforts of your own home.  Contact me today for more details!!

Thanks for stopping by!!! 

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful use of the DSP set! This is truly a beautiful card. I hope you're feeling better soon. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches Also, just a reminder... please turn off your word verificaton. We don't usually comment on cards with it turned on because the words/numbers are so hard to read.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Elsa! Love the red base and that DSP is perfect! Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well, friend! Feel better soon! Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mix of patterns! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete